Thursday, July 28, 2011

Son of a Clone Trooper - Shuttles, Huts and Caves Oh My

Son of a… wow does my face hurt.  Mental note; when in a duel with someone, don’t get hit in the face with a stick.  It cost me a couple of teeth, a fat lip, a broken nose, and I am sure a pair of black eyes good enough to make it look like I am wearing sunglasses.  Let’s not forget the fact that it hurts a LOT!  Why didn’t I anticipate that there would be a guard on board?  I executed my plan with spectacular efficiency only to get busted up when I had escaped.

As you can surely guess, the noise was another Nightsister that had been on sentry duty aboard the shuttle.  She was a bit miffed that I had fled the planet and set up a little ambush for me.  I walked right into it like an idiot too.  I walked right through the door of the passenger compartment without much of a thought when that Force danger sense kicked off.  I managed to duck the blade of her vibrolance just to have her catch me right on the button with the butt end of that thing.  Despite her landing the blow, her charred remains went out the airlock a few minutes later.

I guess that makes the decision on whether I go to an inhabited planet or not.  I need to find a dentist to fix my stinking teeth now.  At least I got the bleeding to stop.  I thought I was going to have to cauterize myself with my lightsaber.  Imagine that sight; me standing there in the refresher with a lightsaber up my nose.  Excitement… Adventure… Ha!  No longer do I crave those things.  I fear though that my life with be fraught with them.

So let’s see.  I am scanning through the planets looking for a good place to get myself lost.  Something civilized, yet one that doesn’t draw a lot of attention and hopefully has a decent dentist.  Of course, if the Force has anything to say about it, I may end up at some other planet than the one I intended.  That’s how I got to Dathomir in the first place.  It’s funny that with all the control the Empire seems to have, and all their tremendous firepower, there are so many places in the Galaxy that seem out of their reach.  My mind keeps going to Nar Shadaa, so that’s where I will point myself next.  Everything I need can be found there, and perhaps I can find some work as well.  I could certainly use the credits.  I could also stand to live in a real apartment.  I am getting tired of shuttles, huts, and caves.

So now I am heading through hyperspace with a destination in mind.  I took a look that the Holonet for a couple minutes while I was getting everything set.  It seems as if wrinkles and his iron lunged lieutenant (The Emperor and Darth Vader for those of you living under a rock) have just unveiled the largest star destroyer ever built.  It’s the Executor and it’s called a Super Star Destroyer; real original, I know.  I have to admit though, that it is one impressive piece of hardware.  That thing just dwarfs its non-super counterparts.  The poor rebellion doesn’t stand a chance not that the Empire has that machine.  Even the big Mon Cal ships are no match for that behemoth. 

Another surprise I saw on there too was that a non-human was selected for a high-level rank within the Imperial Navy.  Some blue skinned species with weird red eyes by the name of Thrawn.  That’s definitely not like the Empire to be recruiting and/or promoting from outside the human race.  I am not sure what their issue is with non-humans.  They are really shorting themselves in terms of a talent pool.  It’s scary to think what their infantry would be like if they had a bunch of wookiees running around dismembering people and you can’t forget about that wookiee life debt.  I need to save a wookiee just so I have a large, intimidating companion to help keep me out of trouble. Hahah, maybe I should have gone to Kashyyyk instead of Nar Shadaa.   

Oh coming out of hyperspace now, and yes, I am at the Smuggler’s Moon.  I never thought that looking down on this place would have ever been a comforting sight.  Now that I am doing it, I can already see the opportunities to essentially hide in plain sight without having to forgo creature comforts.  It also means that it’s time to land and I can’t be sitting here and writing while trying to land this shuttle.  Hopefully all goes well here and I can finally have a place to hang my hat for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment